RNIB 'Living Well with Sight Loss' telephone courses for people in Wales
RNIB runs 'Living Well with Sight Loss' telephone courses specifically for people in Wales. Course dates for the start of 2024 are now available.
'Living Well with Sight Loss' courses are free to attend telephone-based groups for people affected by sight loss in Wales. The course consists of four sessions, each lasting between 60 and 90 minutes and will provide participants with a good overview of what services and support are available. The course will cover a range of topics including getting out and about, daily living, welfare rights, eye care services, wellbeing and leisure.
The next courses that have been scheduled are:
- Wednesday mornings, 10 am to 11:30 am on 10th, 17th, 24th & 31st January
- Tuesday afternoons, 2 pm to 3:30 on 30th January, 6th, 13th and 20th February
- Friday afternoons 2 pm to 3:30 pm on 16th, 23rd February, 1st & 8th March
- Tuesday mornings 10 am to 11:30 am on 27th February, 5th, 12th & 19th March
RNIB is also offering follow on "Focus On" telephone groups which provide more detail on certain aspects of the Living Well with Sight Loss groups. These are:
- Focus on Technology
- Focus on Confident Living
- Focus on Health & Wellbeing
- Focus on Money Matters & Safe Spending
- Focus on Friends & Family
For more information on any of the courses, or to refer, please contact Keira Brooks by phone 07864 954150 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org., or visit RNIB's website.
Posted on the 13th of November 2023