Wales Council of the Blind

Services with the keyword: Access

Access to Work - (UK Government)

Access to Work can help you get or stay in work if you have a physical or mental health condition or disability. The support you get will depend on your needs. Through Access to Work, you can apply for: a grant to help pay for practical support with your work; support with managing your mental health at work; money to pay for communication support at job interviews.

Accessible Health - (Centre of Sign Sight Sound)

Supporting people with a hearing loss or who are d/Deaf to make, change, or cancel medical appointments and advising Health Professionals on how to book qualified communication support.

Assisted Travel - (Transport for Wales)

Transport for Wales provides assistance for passengers with access needs. The Passenger Assist service is available for those requiring extra help to travel. TfW encourage passengers to book assistance before you travel - it helps with planning but is not essential. (For the service provided by National Rail, call 03457 48 49 50).

Digital Skills Training - North East Wales - (Vision Support)

Vision Support provide digital training whether you are a complete beginner and want to know about the technology available or you have a device and you want to make it more accessible/learn how to use the accessibility features. We are able to come to your home and provide one-to-one training. We provide support throughout North-East Wales.

Live Well With Hearing Loss - (Centre of Sign Sight Sound)

Befriending and At Home support for people with a hearing loss or who are Deaf, enabling them to access aids and adaptations to support them to remain independent and safe.

My Sound Cinema - (Screen Language)

My Sound Cinema is the first online cinema dedicated to audio described content and designed for the visually impaired community.