Wales Council of the Blind

Conwy County Borough Council


Category: Public Sector

Services Provided

Conwy Specialist Social Worker (VI)

Help to protect vulnerable visually impaired people to live more successfully within their local communities by helping them find solutions to their problems.

Conwy Vision Rehabilitation Specialist (VRS)

A Vision Rehabilitation Specialist (VRS) assists someone regain skills they may have lost through sight problems and helps them re-learn to do things they could previously do for themselves. Note: RCT's VRS only works with vision impaired adults.

Conwy Direct Payments

Direct Payments enable people assessed as requiring Social Care services to purchase their own care and support. The Rowan Organisation provide agency support in Conwy.

Conwy Library Services

Council page on library services in Conwy.

Disabled Person with Companion Travel Card - Conwy

The Disabled Person with Companion Travel Card enables you to travel on Wales' bus services with a companion subject to meeting certain criteria. The concession is overseen by Transport for Wales but you must apply to your local authority in the first instance.