Recent articles.

All articles...

Quick Links.

GP? Optician? A&E? Visit the Eye Care Wales website for advice on where to seek help with eye problems.

WCB's twitter feed
WCB twitter feed

WCB Privacy notice



A helping hand with taxes from RNIB

Did you know that RNIB has a tax team that supports blind and partially sighted people with tax, tax credits and HMRC issues across the UK? The team, based in Liverpool, is supported by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

The team makes a difference to the lives of blind and partially people by making tax and HMRC issues clearer. They can help people to claim extra tax allowances, such as Blind Person’s Allowance and Marriage Allowance, which can reduce your tax bill. RNIB's tax service is free, confidential and available to people with sight loss, regardless of their age or income. They aim to ensure that people feel supported, and have access to a dedicated team within HMRC for people who need extra help with their tax and tax credits. They help customers who are unable to speak to HMRC directly because of hearing loss, dementia or living in a care home, and also have a factsheet in different formats with information on tax allowances and useful contacts.

You can contact RNIB’s tax team by telephone on 0345 330 4897, emailing, or to find out more about the service visit the RNIB website.

What people have said about this: