Disabled Student's Allowance

Definition: If you have a disability you might need additional equipment or support to help you access your course. The Disabled Student Allowance (DSA) will help you to cover these additional costs. Depending on your needs, extra support could include specialist equipment, a non-medical helper's allowance or help towards your additional travel costs. These allowances are available if you're studying full-time or part-time in higher education. If you're studying part-time, you must be doing at least the equivalent of half a full-time course. This allowance doesn't depend on your income and you don't have to pay it back.

Category: Benefits/concessions

Credit: Welsh Government

Source: http://wales.gov.uk/topics/educationandskills/highereducation/highereducationforstudents/?lang=en